If your skin generally behaves itself then you may just want to make a few “tweaks” to your regime but if a skin condition is causing you extra stress then getting it under control early on is a good idea.
Here’s our guide to preparing your skin for a special occasion-
- Adopting a good skincare routine that is tailored to your individual needs can make a world of difference. We can offer personalised skincare advice on which product and ingredient combinations will give you the optimum results for your skin.
- If you are planning specific treatments schedule them carefully in case of any reaction. A great alternative is to give your skin at-home treatments in the lead up using gentle weekly exfoliation and masks.
- Sometimes we need a little extra help creating our glow. Revitialising & Firming Primer gives a smooth base for long lasting make-up and youthful radiance. This light gel applies easily helping to reduce redness, refine pores, soften lines and firm the skin as it absorbs and can be used with or without make-up.
- Something that we swear by for glowing skin is the importance of hydration, both from within and topically. Drink plenty of water and keep your skin hydrated by applying serum to a dampened skin to lock in moisture and sealing it in with a moisturiser rich in nourishing and anti-oxidant ingredients, such as Hyaluronic Active.
- Adopt a healthy sleep routine along with anything else that helps you to de-stress such as yoga, mediation or exercise. Surface inflammatory conditions like eczema, acne, psoriasis and rashes are often connected to stress and your skin is the messenger. Enhance your beauty sleep with a dedicated night cream that encourages and supports your skins night time repair.
- Depending on the time of year you may find that the sun leaves behind unwanted strap marks, uneven skin tone or pigmentation. It is far safer to opt for a self tanning cream to give you a golden glow for the occasion and protect your skin daily with a good SPF.
- If you suffer with a particular skin condition such as acne then it is wise to set up a treatment plan at least 6 months ahead of the big day. This allows for any flare-ups, skin purging and trialling new treatments before settling into a regime that works for you and your skin.
- Eat well – certain foods are known to cause inflammation and can exacerbate skin issues such as puffiness, redness and acne. Alcohol, sugar and gluten can also affect the skin causing dark circles, dehydration and breakouts. Eat a well balanced diet that is high in anti-oxidants, vitamins and omega-3 such as spinach, berries, pomegranate, avocados and oily fish.
But what if after all your hard work you wake up just days before with a spot? Firstly, don't pick or squeeze, this will only make it worse. The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties within our Problematic Skin lotion and Problematic Skin Gel are effective and gentle and will soothe, reduce swelling, redness and promote faster skin healing.
It is also important to remember that your guests are there to celebrate your happiness with you and probably wouldn't even notice a rogue spot.