When we think about our skincare regime we mostly concentrate on the face, but what about those areas that get forgotten yet are on show just as much?
The skin on the neck is much thinner and has fewer oil glands, it goes through the same wear and tear (if not more) as these days we are spending so much time looking down at phones, tablets and computers, that they’ve even given it a name…techneck.
Here are our neck care tips
- Because your facial cleansers are so much gentler than shower gels and soaps continue your cleansing routine down over your neck and décolleté, use gentle rising sweeping movements.
- Exfoliate gently twice a week to remove dry, dead skin cells that can make the skin look dull and could be preventing your moisturiser from absorbing properly and working to its best ability.
- Continue your serum down onto your neck and apply a dedicated neck and décolleté cream that contains the specific ingredients that targets the issues associated with this area.
- Always apply sunscreen.
- Try not to spray perfumes directly onto the skin, alcohol is drying and can make this delicate area sun sensitive. Instead apply via wrists to just behind the ear, in-between the breasts or onto underwear.
- Try to sleep on your back, not always an easy one but if you can …
- Facial and neck exercises are a great way to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders and can strengthen the muscles of the neck, improving the overall aesthetic.
We recommend a regime using Gentle Cleanser, Regenerative AHA Lotion, Super Lifting Serum, Oxygenating & Protecting Body Moisturiser with SPF 20+ & Neck & Décolleté Rejuvenation Cream, however if you would like personalised skincare advice, we would love to hear from you.