Although they are frustratingly convenient we always recommend that you avoid facial wipes for cleansing, here's why....
- Facial wipes do not clean as thoroughly as a dedicated cleanser, leaving behind impurities that can lead to blocked pores, breakouts and irritation.
- This is a big one... they are devastating for the environment. Wipes are one of the biggest causes of sewer blockages, added to that they are filling our oceans, littering our beaches and generally causing environmental destruction.
- Cleansing wipes are extremely drying. Our skin generally has a PH of around 5 whereas facial wipes instantly change your skins acid balance stripping it of moisture, creating dryness and dehydration which can create and accentuate enlarged pores and wrinkles.
- Your skins acid mantle carries out important protective functions such as warding off harmful bacteria, irritants and allergens. When you remove this, you leave your skin vulnerable to infection which is harmful to the health of your skin.
- Cleansing wipes are often heavily scented. These manufactured synthetics often spell trouble for your skin, creating hypersensitivity issues.
We recommend that you use a true facial cleanser that suits your needs. If you would like personalised advice or recommendations please get in touch.