A question that pops up from time to time, we recommend that you never use a bar of soap for your face, here’s why...
- Your skin generally has a pH of around 5 whereas soap’s pH ranges from 8-10, this instantly changes your skin’s acid balance stripping it of moisture and creating dryness and dehydration which can create and accentuate enlarged pores and wrinkles.
- What about oily skin? When you strip the skin of its natural moisture it then compensates for what you have just removed by producing even more, this can lead to sebum build up and blocked pores.
- Your skins acid mantel carries out important protective functions such as warding off harmful bacteria, irritants, and allergens. When you remove this, you leave your skin vulnerable to infection which is harmful to the health of your skin.
- Bar soap is often heavily scented and sometimes dyed. These manufactured synthetics often spell trouble for your skin, creating hypersensitivity issues.
- Bar soap can breed bacteria, especially if multiple people are using it to wash their hands.
We recommend that you use a true facial cleanser that suits your skins needs. See our Cleansers - Your skin will thank you!
If you would like personalised advice please get in touch, we are dedicated to helping you feel happy and confident with your skin both now and in the future.