With the changing season comes a different set of challenges for your skin. Weather extremes - central heating - spending more time inside.
Cooler, drier air generally leads to drier skin and can even exacerbate skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and keratosis polaris.
Products that maintain and protect your skin's lipid barrier will help to decrease irritations, flakiness, breakouts, redness and dullness so it’s a good time to re-evaluate your daily routine to help your skin transition to these changes.
Things to consider
- Opt for a cleanser that is gentle and helps maintain a good moisture balance within the skin. Regentiv favourites for Autumn include – Gentle Cleanser and Clarifying Cleansing Gel.
- Exfoliating is important even throughout the winter to remove the dead cells that obstruct the healthy new ones coming through, allowing all your lovely treatment and hydrating products to absorb properly.
For body exfoliation we love Invigorating Exfoliant which is effective even on hard skin areas such as the feet. For a gentler option our Soft Honey Peeling Mask gives a brightening effect to the complexion whilst caringly removing surface layers of dead skin cells.
- Apply a serum before your moisturiser. Due to their lower molecular weight serums can get the active ingredients into the skin more efficiently to target your specific concerns. They also add an extra level of hydration as well as boosting the skins’ ability to produce collagen and elastin.
Our Serums and treatment gels have been formulated to target your individual concerns, including problematic and hypersensitive skin issues.
- Hydration is key, lock in moisture with creams that contain super nourishing ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter, Jojoba, Peptides, glycerin and hydrolysed wheat proteins. Make the most of your skin’s natural renewal at night-time. Your skin is more receptive whilst it is relaxed and in repair mode. See our moisturisers
- Dry skin on the body can be itchy and irritating, this can be exacerbated when we increase our shower and bath water temperature so it is as important to moisturise your body daily as it is the skin of your face. Keeping the skin on your body well-nourished will also protect from broken capillaries, especially on the legs.
- Our hands are also exposed to all the elements so it’s no wonder they show the signs of ageing faster here. The skin being naturally thinner on our hands makes them more vulnerable to irritation from everything we put them through too. Your hand cream should also include an SPF. When going through your skincare routine in the morning and evening, if you find yourself with excess serum on your fingers always apply to the backs of the hands.
- Taking care of the lip area is vital, they lose moisture more easily and can quickly become dehydrated and flaky. Using waxy lip balms can offer some comfort however they tend to sit on the skin surface as opposed to treating the problem. Gently remove dry, flakiness with your Soft Honey Peel and always apply a generous layer of High Potency Collagen Night Cream before going to bed to help restore, hydrate and give rise to a plumper lip area.
- Don’t forget your SPF – UV rays penetrate the skin all year round, even on a cloudy day. Enhance and Protect with SPF30 broad spectrum hydrates and protects against the elements that cause premature ageing.
If you would like personalised skincare advice please get in touch either via email -firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone - 01923 212555 or live chat via the website.